· Always store your jewelry pieces individually, preferably in your Gin and Grace soft-lined box or pouch so that they don’t rub together, scratch or tangle.
· Particular care should be taken with gemstones to ensure that they do not knock against one another when stored. Also remember to keep your chains fastened so they don’t become tangled.
· Take care to avoid extreme humidity or heat as this may cause tarnishing. Your gold vermeil and silver jewelry should be kept in a dark, cool and dry place. With time and wear, sterling silver will naturally become oxidized and eventually tarnish. Storing silver jewelry in a sealed plastic bag or airtight box when it is not being worn will keep out the air that causes oxidation. The oxidation process is also slowed down by wearing your jewelry often. If however your jewelry is stored for long-periods of time, occasional cleaning is recommended to maintain shine and keep oxidation at bay.
· Your jewelry is particularly susceptible to damage from the effects of chemicals present in perfume, hairspray, make-up, nail polish remover, body oils, suntan lotion and deodorant.
· Do not keep jewelry in direct sunlight as prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause many gemstones to fade and lose their color
· Amethyst, rose quartz, chalcedony and smokey quartz are just some of the gemstones that can become paler from exposure to sunlight.